Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday 10...




Once again, Tuesday is just about over... but since I am so blog lazy, I thought I would take this time to go ahead with a Tuesday 10. This weeks theme, Ten things I love about fall.

Ten Things I Love About Fall

1) I love the beautiful colors of the leaves. Here in Central Florida we don't experience the changes with the colors like you would in New England. That was always my favorite season when we lived there. Last year we were fortunate enough to visit and really saw some gorgeous colors and leaves. Perhaps I will post a photo from last year.

2) The cooler weather. Come on - it gets soooo hot here, who wouldn't want it to be a little cooler once in a while!

3) Halloween. I love the costumes. I love the kids dressing up in them. For the most part, my stepmother has sewn nearly all of the kids costumes. But alas, with the more kids we have had and with her tiring so easily now a days... Her costumes are always the best. My favorite to this day was an Elmo she made for Ethan. I found the perfect fabric and sent her a tiny Elmo to replicate, and she did an awesome job!

4) Thanksgiving. I love the turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce... all of it. One year, my aunt even made cornish hens, so we all had our own. You cook for so long, and eat so fast, then it's done.

5) Birthdays... We have Hannah's, Muriel's, Deirdra's, my own mother's, my grandmother's (when she was alive). 2 of my brother in laws. The fall is a busy birthday time for us.

6) Sadly... tv. All the shows come back on that we like. Of course, if Tom's not home to veg out with me.. then I am not watching any of them.

7) School... the kids are back in school and in the swing of things. Now is when all of the projects start. It can get seriously frustrating trying to keep up with all of them, but still.

8) The annual Spooktacular. Yes, I mentioned Halloween, and this SORT of goes along right with that - but each year our city puts on a special event for the kids to attend. It's free and it's safe and it's fun.

9) the grass doesn't grow as fast - so it doesn't need to get cut as often.

10) Normally, I'd say fireplaces. We don't have one and we have personally never had one. I wish we did... they smell good, they keep you warm and they are always fun to snuggle near. I guess I do miss the Northeast.

11) and one for good measure. I always loved pumpkin picking. We used to actually go to a field and pick them. Not such an easy task here. When I was little, we baked the seeds and ate them, I loved them. Not we retrieve them from a "patch" and paint or cut them.

Sandra

No comments: