Tuesday, September 02, 2008

St. Augustine




Well, apparently this mom is a gluten for punishment. I decided, since Tom was still on-call, that I would lug 3 kiddies all the way up to St. Augustine. Truth be told, it wasn't all that bad. It's about 80 miles, but the way I drive, it took about 20 minutes. Ha ha. OK, just over an hour.

Another truth that should be told was that I really wanted to go to Hobby Lobby, since I have never been to one, but I managed to turn the trip in to something educational. What a good mom I am. Ha ha ha.

Actually, the kids WANTED to go. We really did have a great time. It was very hot, so we only lasted about 10 minutes at the castle and then walked around up and down George Street. It was recommended to me that George Street is a great little place to walk and buy fudge. That was clearly a mistake since Ethan can't stand the smell of anything chocolate and I have now discovered that I am clearly addicted to chocolate raspberry fudge! That's advisor!! LOL... so, Ethan covered his nose. That's nothing new. He's been doing that since birth! But, I am almost out of the fudge... and I can't see driving up there another 80 miles just for some expensive fudge. Not like I need it, either.

But, the Fountain of Youth was fun and apparently very effective! By the time we had lunch a woman turned to Ethan and said "Let me guess, you must be about 9!". Ooops, off by 1 1/2 years. That's what I get for producing shorties. It didn't matter, he was kind enough ti demonstrate what makes a boy his age gifted... she was sorry she asked him what a 10 year old might know. She can now pass as a certified paleontologist all on her own now!

(You know what's VERY sad? The fact that I didn't even need to spell check paleontologist - that's just how often I actually have to spell it. It IS part of my everyday volcabulary. Now try me on Diplodocous or Parasaurolpphus, then we'll see. Well, looks like I nailed those two as well. He's rubbing off on me, I swear!!)

Speaking of how effective that Fountain of Youth Water was... I was purchasing something from a gift store and when the woman asked me how many kids I have and I told her "3"... she literally looked stunned and said "Wow, you don't look old enough to have 3."

Seriously, is there a look? Could she not see my very evident grays? Could she not see my abdomin - GUT - that shows the obvious wear and tear of 3 (4 if you think about it) c-sections??

Aww, it was nice of her, though.

Today at work, I got to talking to a gentleman about cd rates and how I really want to have $200,000 in a cd that is paying 5.00% APY, since it's about $803 a month... I fgured that could pay my monthly mortgage. Ha ha - a girl can dream, right?

So he asked me how old I was. He was geniunely suprised to hear that I am 38! I still think I look old... I know if I lost some weight, it would help me a bit... but I am just weighing myself down so I don't blow away in a hurricane. LOL.

So, anyway... the pictures are from yesterday. Not much of Jaydon since all he REALLY does is suck his thumb. He's more of a "I need to show you a video" kind of kid.

No comments: