Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friday Five...

Ok, I attempted to go with a Tuesday Ten... but ran out of steam, and then Tuesday turned in to Thursday. So, I'll bite with the Friday Five...

Why am I so busy??

1) Work... Seriously. I spend way too much time being there, commuting there and thinking about there... And, thanks to the Feds... I will now spend my time worrying about if there is a THERE to go to anymore. Though, this change could be for the better.

2) Clutter... Seriously. OK, I like that word. LOL. But, I have too much clutter. I have always had too much clutter. For the most part, it's paper clutter. Not just the scrap crap I have accumulated. but other paper clutter. I get the Sunday paper, I pull the coupon section out. Sometimes, I even pull out the specific coupons I want. Do I clip them? Rarely. Do I keep them, heck ya!! When I do get ready to clip them, they have expired. Tons of mail... tons of school work, tons of paper, paper, paper.

3) School... The poor kids have a very long day. Fortunately, their bus ride isn't an hour long anymore. Yeah! But, they are gone about 11 hours a day. That's a long day for them. Poor things. Although we have suggested that they try and do some of their homework at aftercare, it doesn't always work out that way. We spend way too much time working on homework.

4) TV - I'm not so bad during the summer. Most of the time, when the tv is on, I am doing other things. It drives Tom NUTS. I'll constantly say "What happened?" when I miss something, to which he always replies "Well, if you had been watching!!" During the rest of the year, we watch it a lot. Though, I am not watching it now because I am online! When Tom's not home - like now - I hardly watch it.

5) Computer... seriously, worst thing ever invented. Don't get me wrong, I can Google anything... but 20 years ago I didn't have to. I used to use a road map - now I mapquest everything. I used to look up a phone number in the phone book, now I Google it. I used to buy greeting cards at a store... now I make them on the computer. Though, homework is much easier on a computer now a days!!

Sandra

1 comment:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

Ahhh.... think of all the things we could be doing instead of .... blogging/facebook/THBC. LOL!